Saturday, July 15, 2006

Keeping The Faith

Like this Tiger Swallowtail, I've felt a bit battered this week. It's been stormy and I don't mean the weather. There are always times when things just don't go the way we wish they would. So I try to keep focused on the good and positive aspects of what surrounds me. Regardless of what is going on in the rest of the world, the river is still flowing, the garden is near it's peak for the summer, turtles still bask in the sun on floating logs and I am in love with life.

There are people trying to make a difference in the world, not by dropping bombs, but by setting quiet, loving examples for the rest of us. They smile even if they don't feel like smiling, listen to those who need to be heard, when they have their own problems. I'm blessed to know a few of them and will continually try to walk in their shoes, though it's hard and the road is long.

Yarrow, Joan Z. Rough, Copyright 2006

I hope everyone has a quiet, peaceful, sun-filled weekend!!

1 comment:

Becca said...

I know several of those wonderful people who preach peace just in the way that they live. If only they would multiply like your beautiful flowers throughout the world!

Very lovely, thoughtful post...