Thursday, April 09, 2009

Garden Time ...

I've had several readers asking about my whereabouts!
Well, I'm here, just busy and tired at the end of the day. I have dirt under my finger nails, muddy shoes and an on and off back ache. I've been shoveling, carting, planting, trimming, weeding and sleeping like a baby. I've planted potatoes, fingerlings and two kinds of red. Carrots and another round of spinach are showing themselves and yesterday, I went with a friend to one of our heavenly garden places, Edible Landscapes, where I bought lemon grass, rosemary, passion flower, elderberry, sweet bay laurel, June berry and a rose that promises to have huge hips in the fall for treating colds and flu over the winter.

I will be back to writing on a more regular schedule as soon as everything is in and growing well!
In the meantime, I hope you are enjoying spring as much as I am!


You might find a post now and then over at Rivanna River Herbal, where I'm hopefully going to post more about the garden!

2 comments:

paris parfait said...

Wow, you HAVE been busy! Looks like you're creating a wonderful garden. Happy spring!

Lucy said...

What drives gardeners to do it?!

Such lovely order in that picture; have a wonderful spring!