Friday, March 16, 2007

I'm Back!

Mammoth Springs Area, Yellowstone Park, February 2007

I'm back from an unforgettable trip to Yellowstone National Park and the Grand Teton Mountains of Wyoming. It was a life altering trip for me ... a time when I was able to to once again connect to the things that are important to me ... the natural world, the great outdoors and this fabulous, one-of-a-kind planet we all call home. In recent years, as I've grown older and taken on added responsibilities, it's been easy to forget where my heart truly resides.

Although I live in one of the most beautiful spots on the east coast with lots of it's own wildlife and beautiful views, the world, as it speeds around me, has become surreal. Fast food, strip malls and road rage can be found just a few miles from my front door. It is disheartening to say the least and I am convinced that I must live a much simpler life. No, I don't plan on moving to the back woods. I want to learn how to live here, where I am, and to reduce my impact on the earth. It's hard ... it won't be easy ... but it's worth doing. I have two grandchildren, who after all, will be here long after I'm gone.

I'll be sharing more photos and words about what I saw and learned over time. In the meantime, I'm glad to be back and hope all is well with all of you!!

3 comments:

Becca said...

I have missed you! I'm glad to hear you've had such a marvelous time, seen so much of the country's beauty, and best of all, that you'll be sharing it with us in words and photos.

Welcome home :)

Deirdre said...

Oh, you're back!! That picture is amazing - I can't even imagine that kind of cold. I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip and the thoughts that are swirling.

paris parfait said...

What an incredible photo! And so nice to have you back.