Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Thinking Blogger Award ... Oh my!


Deirdre over at Writing Anam Cara, has honored me with a Thinking Blogger Award. I don't know what to say, except Thank You! This award comes from someone I greatly admire ... someone who I feel is a natural writer ... and one of the most honest voices I've heard. She tells it like it is, simply, openly and to the point. Here's to you Deirdre!!

Now I have the honor of giving awards to 5 bloggers who have consistantly made me think, consider and reconsider. It's a hard task. There are so many excellent blogs out there. I wish I had time to read them all. There are some blogs on this list that have already received this award from others, but they speak to my head, heart and soul and above all keep me using my brain. I'm greatful that they are out there!!

Visual-Voice - Susan got me thinking about starting my own blog after I met her at the National Cathedral in Washington where we were both attending an Insight Meditation workshop. Her spectacular photography and inspirational words speak of spirit and compassion. She asks big questions that have stopped me in my tracks.

Tongue In Cheek - Filled with whimsy, positive thoughts, beautiful words and images. When I feel low, I visit this blog. My attitude is quickly readjusted!!

Beyond The Fields We Know - Lovely images and inspirational words about the natural world and the simple things in life. Reading this blog is a wonderful way for me to start a day.

Paris Parfait - Tara has a wonderful worldly blog asking tough questions about world issues and politics. She joyfully shares her personal world in Paris and her fabulous antiques in beautifully presented photos.

Becca's Byline - Becca has already received this award several times. Her inspirational posts about writing keep me tapping the keys. Plus she's one compassionate lady!!

These bloggers can continue the meme by presenting awards to their five most thought provoking choices of blogs. Some already have.

The Thinking Blogger Award Rules:

If you were named above and choose to carry this meme forward, remember to tag only those bloggers who stimulate your cortex … or something like that.

Please make sure you pass the rules to the blogs you are tagging.

If, and only if, you have been tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.

Optional: Proudly display your 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

5 comments:

paris parfait said...

J, I'm so glad you're back blogging, because I missed your wise words and inspiring poetry. You certainly deserve this recognition! And thank you so much for this wonderful compliment! You have made my day, which started off rather unfortunately, at the dentist's office. Nothing like coming home in pain to find such warm words waiting. You can't imagine what this means to me. Merci bien!

Becca said...

I am in complete agreement with Deirdre~your posts so beautifully help us remain mindful of the world around us, and your respect for the earth is clearly evident in every word and photo. This is well deserved recognition !

And my goodness, thank you so much for including me in your list. I can't tell you how much it means to be in the company of so many wonderful, thoughtful women. I have gained so much from this blogging experience :)

Deirdre said...

You are so welcome. Your voice and photos feed me, in both mind and spirit. I'll check in on the bloggers I don't already know.

Visual-Voice said...

Dear Ms. Thinker,

No no.. I'm not the big thinker.. YOU ARE! :) Thanks for the hat tip ~ I've been locked inside my castle the last week... it's taken me this long to get back to you. *wink*

I'm happier than happy you're posting again, my dear friend.

Anonymous said...

Oh! Wow! Thank you !! and moreso
Congratulations!!
What an honor you have bestowed on me.
I have never thought, nor many others for that matter, of myself as a thinker...
it feels good to be thought of it such a way for a change!
Thanks.